These double chocolate chip cookies are utterly delicious! As they are made with almond meal and dates, they are free of any gluten and added sugars. And suited for vegans. AND done within 15 minutes. Does it get any better?
Double chocolate chip cookies
- 50 grams raw hazelnut butter click the link at the bottom to discover how to make this
- 50 grams almond meal
- 25 grams coconut oil odourless
- 7 medjool dates
- 20 grams cocoa
- cocoa nibs
- You can make the raw hazelnut butter yourself. An alternative could be to buy hazelnut, almond or peanut butter at the organic shop. This is usually not raw. My hazelnut butter was not too liquid, if yours is, I would recommend adding some extra flower.
- Put the almond meal in a mixer with the cocoa. Pulse to mix.
- Melt your coconut oil in a pan. Cut the dates in pieces and add them to the oil. Let them soften in the oil for a couple of minutes. If you want your cookies to be 100% raw, alternatively you could soak the dates in water for half an hour and melt your coconut oil at a low temperature.
- Add the coconut oil and dates to the mixture and mix well at high speed.
- Add the hazelnut butter. Mix well. You should now have a rather thick and not too liquid mixture which you can at least make a little ball out of. If this is not the case, add some almond meal and/or dates.
- Add some cocoa nibs and pulse to mix.
- Prepare a plate or tray lined with baking paper. Make little balls of your "dough" and press them so they become "cookies".
- Put some extra nibs on top of your cookies and let them sit in the fridge for a couple of hours until they are nice and hard and have a nice bite.