I made this one especially for my girlfriend as she loves both kiwi and coconut. This cake combines the best of both tastes and is also a lust for the eye, which is also important!
Kiwi coconut cake
- 150 grams hemp seed hulled
- 100 grams walnuts
- 30 grams xylitol
- 40 grams coconut oil melted
- 2 cups millet rinsed
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 handfuls coconut flakes
- 70 grams xylitol
- 3 kiwis sliced
- Blend your hemp seed, walnuts and xylitol in a blender, not too thick but also not too fine. Then add the coconut oil and blend again to a soft mass.
- Press your mixture into a springform lined with baking paper. Make sure that your base is even and well pressed. Put in the freezer while you prepare the rest.
Main layer and decoration
- Rinse the millet and boil it, together with the coconut flakes, for about 20 minutes until it is soft and tender. In case your millet dries up too soon, add some coconut milk or water.
- When the millet is nice and soft, blend together with the xylitol to a smooth mass. Your mixture should be liquid enough to pour it into the spring form but not so liquid that it won't stiffen up in the fridge. Add some water or milk if it doesn't blend well or you think it might be too thick.
- Slice our kiwi and put the slices against the side of your springform like on the photo.
- Now pour your mixture into the springform, until the top or just under the top of the kiwi slices. Even it out, and then put more kiwi slices on top like on the picture.
- Put everything in the fridge (3-4 hours) or freezer (1,5-2 hours) to become nice and stiff.