Red heart cake for your lover
A red heart cake to romantically surprise your lover
- 6 medjool dates
- 200 grams nuts and seeds like almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds
- 400 grams red fruit can be frozen
- 250 ml vegetable milk like soy or rice milk
- 10 tbsp xylitol or 10 medjoul dates
- 3 grams agar agar
- Blend or mix the nuts and seeds of your choice together with the dates to a sticky mass.
- Press your "dough" into the bottom of a heart-shaped springform. If you don't have a heart-shaped form available, you can of course also pick any other springform.
- If you picked frozen fruit, let it defrost first, because that will make it blend better. Then blend it together with the xylitol (or dates) and soy milk to a smooth mixture. Taste to see if it needs more xylitol or dates. I always keep some of the fruit apart for later.
- Bring your mixture to boil on a low fire. When boiling, carefully mix in the agar and boil for another 2 minutes. Be careful not to boil it too long or it will ruin the effect of the agar.
- Pour the mixture into the springform directly from the pot. You can now also add the pieces of red fruit that you kept separate before.
- Leave your springform in the oven for 2-3 hours to stiffen up, and then enjoy <3